Only .vmt shows up on export.

Started by wilku223, September 16, 2016, 09:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilku223

Hello i got a problem like this:
As on screen the export tool cant seem to produce a .vtf for me. I watched alot of tutorials, did exact same what they did, still no success

my settings:

wallworm

The free version of WW will only export textures (to VTF) if the texture is a BitmapTexture with a TGA file (so no PNG, etc). You will need to convert the PNG/JPG/BMP, etc to a TGA or upgrade to WW Pro.

wilku223

And this can be done with 3dsmax or ww or any different converter?

wallworm

Converting an image in Max or any image editor is generally straightforward. For Max, open the material editor, right-click the bitmap node and choose Render Map... this can now be rendered to any file format that Max can write to. Now load that new bitmap into Max and replace the current bitmap in your material with the new bitmap. There are also many automated tools for that. Probably a script on Scriptspot. You can also use other programs (like Irfanview, XNViewMP, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, etc) to batch convert. You'll just need to use Google to learn the process.

wilku223

worked, thanks. and sorry for probably very stupid questions i just downloaded 3dsmax along with ww today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk