Importing Maps Questions

Started by Revizion, October 16, 2016, 10:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revizion

Hello everyone. At first, i want to say thanks to developer of this cool plug-in, i don't know programming and c++, but i know that this is hard to do.
So, let me explain my problem.
Recently, i've bought new pc for animation and render purposes, and wanted to make some cool 3d animated movie based on CSGO. The real problem was only maps. So, i started to search how could i import them. Google brought me to WallWorm.
I've watched all your tutorials, and tried to export atleast one map. After waiting about like 15 mins(WW using 1 of 8 cores and 1 of 16 threads only), i got this result. http://imgur.com/a/zSIhj
-
P.S. ALL MODELS DECOMPILED WITH CROWBAR'S LAST VERSION, TEXTURES CONVERTED TO .TGA FORMAT. MatGen set to RAW(non converted) textures, modelsrc to decompiled and materialsrc to converted TGAs. Please, tell me if im wrong, cuz i made all of these following by the tutorial.
And here are my questions:
1 - What are these BLACK/very dark(yes, some textures are visible, but very dark). (also, there are models without any textures on them(look like raw white 3d models) - AND HOW TO FIX THEM?
2 - Is it possible to disable/delete all source engine notifications  on map like multi-colored cubes, and solids with text on them? Cuz it's hard to work with them.
3 - Is it possible to make scene file with all used textures in one file/folder so after i open it there will be full scene (for needs to change textures/scene location etc) / or import map without textures at all? Because i will use VRAY and there are different material types.
4 - There are few brushes, that shouldn't be there, andwhen i select them, they also select another geometry that i need.  - Is it possible to fix?
So, that's all i think.
I apologize for my English, i really tried to make it possible to read !
Thanks in advance!

wallworm

The whole system is changing for importing levels. So the current steps of decompiling, etc... are all going away soon. That update will be out in the near future but no specific date. To test the new import tools you need WW Pro BETA on 3ds Max 2016. If you are not using Max 2016 and don't own WW Pro (which has access to the WW Pro BETA) then you will have to wait until the updates are out of beta. The new tools are way faster and reliable. I'm no longer able to support the older methods/tools.

Revizion

Yes, i'm using Max 2016. So, if there no fix at the moment, ill wait, thank you for the answer.
P.S. You said that new tools will be faster etc, does that mean we will be able to import NEW maps with no problems? Anyway im hyped.

wallworm

Quote from: Revizion on October 16, 2016, 10:56:44 AM
Yes, i'm using Max 2016. So, if there no fix at the moment, ill wait, thank you for the answer.
P.S. You said that new tools will be faster etc, does that mean we will be able to import NEW maps with no problems? Anyway im hyped.

Saying "no problems" isn't ever something I will guarantee. However, I've been importing many levels for work and the majority of the imports are reliable overall. I'm able to import very large single player game levels in ~4 minutes now. That includes all brushes, displacements, materials and props.

Revizion

Ok, thanks. Just want to import all maps i need, including new. But there are no different ways to do it. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk