Poor UI adaption to under-FHD resolution monitors

Started by Klizmotron, October 17, 2016, 05:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klizmotron

Some menus of WWMT have hardcoded or default heights (including main WWMT menu which is very tall when created) which are meant to be good for FHD or more hi-res monitors, but not smaller ones. I have a problem with accessing some of the settings as menu is just too tall for my screen (1400x900) and I can't resize it. The lower part of WWMT main menu is also out of my screen by default, so I have to pull it down and scale it's height down and then put it back on it's place every time I open it. You could make some menus resizeable and (if posible) calculate adapted default positions and sizes of some menus based on screen resolution instead of hardcoding those. Here's a picture of what I mean

wallworm

I'll look into it. WWMT UI is already resize-able and should remember its last size/position (it's one of the few menus in WW that allows this). So it is odd that it always changes. As for the settings, I'll give that a look. I guess I hadn't expected many people to use that resolution.

Klizmotron

Good to know, I hope I will no longer have to change these positions and dimensions of windows in scripts manually  :)

wallworm

While it won't help others, I discovered that the Height of the WWMT floater was not being properly saved and re-used as I thought. I updated WW Pro Beta with the height being saved and reused for the WWMT floater (not other floaters, however).

Klizmotron

Checked, now it saves the height and reuses it properly.

Klizmotron

Still there, "Models" tab doesn't fit my 1400x900 monitor, I can't access the options in the bottom of the window. It would probably be a good idea to make the options window base scrollable and smaller height

wallworm

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll look into fixing this soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk