Importer Bug

Started by Revizion, November 06, 2016, 05:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revizion

Hello, a few weeks ago i've tried to import maps to 3ds max. You recommended me to wait till new WW version. So, i just installed new WW, and tried to import a map(i tried 2-3 maps).
So now, i'm getting this error on every map i try to import
D:\CSGO_maps_3dmax\BSPSource_Decompiled\de_dust2_d.vmf data parsed in 49.649 seconds (0.827483 minutes)
-- Error occurred in p loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 56551; line: 1783
--  Defined in encrypted script
--   called in addMappingFromPlanes(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 56879; line: 1787
--   called in b loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 108996; line: 3436
--   called in createBrushes(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 110459; line: 3482
--   called in ent loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 112288; line: 3539
--   called in createEntities(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 138235; line: 4267
--   called in parseAndImport(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\common\mse\VMFImport2.mse; position: 146441; line: 4532
--   called in btnImport.pressed(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts\WallWorm.com\rollouts\VMFImport.ms; position: 11273; line: 182
--  Frame:
--   started: 54382664
--   mdlObjs: undefined
--   seconds: undefined
--   ns: undefined
--   vmfMemStream: undefined
--   props: undefined
--   fsource: "D:\CSGO_maps_3dmax\BSPSource_Decompiled\de_dust2_d.vmf"
--   minutes: undefined
--   ended: undefined
--   MDLS: undefined
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Integer <<   - this error i'm gettin while i import any map.
Skip Hidden, Import missing from QC and Instances button were disabled and enabled - same result.
P.S. It seems like WW imported some of geometry, NOT FULL, NO PROPS, SOME(a lot of) GEOM MISSING.
P.S. 2  - All pathes set correctly. Materials/Models are converted.
Please, help. Thanks in advance.

wallworm

Thanks you for reporting and sorry for the issue. I will look into it.

Revizion

Quote from: wallworm on November 06, 2016, 07:55:23 AM
Thanks you for reporting and sorry for the issue. I will look into it.
Thank You, Shawn. Ill wait your opinion about this issue, and hope you will fix it. Seems like with this new importer we can import maps a lot easier.
P.S. Please, if you fix this, and you'll have time, type a message in this topic. So this will help me and a lot of users.

wallworm

The problem never happens to me but I've never tested a decompiled map. From the line that is happening, I think the decompiler is skipping smoothing groups (which was just added into the importer). I'll be adding a default value of 0 which should fix it. You can expect an update later today.

Revizion

Quote from: wallworm on November 06, 2016, 08:25:16 AM
The problem never happens to me but I've never tested a decompiled map. From the line that is happening, I think the decompiler is skipping smoothing groups (which was just added into the importer). I'll be adding a default value of 0 which should fix it. You can expect an update later today.
Yes, i'm using BSPSource(everyone use it IMHO). I know only this way to decompile. And for me, it's easier to fix some problems(if they're fixable) after import, i know it wont be accurate, but now importer doesn't work at all(with my decompiled VMFs). I need maps only for 3d animation/design purposes.
Again, thank you very much for fast responses!

Revizion

Quote from: wallworm on November 06, 2016, 08:25:16 AM
And, i apologize for many messages, but, you said that you never tried to import decompiled maps, so how then you imported them to max? (csgo) Is there any specific way to do it? Or only bsp decompilation?

wallworm

I've only imported original VMF files. Never a decompiled one.

Revizion

Quote from: wallworm on November 06, 2016, 11:03:16 AM
I've only imported original VMF files. Never a decompiled one.
What do you mean when talk about original VMFs? Are these made by yourself(custom maps in Hammer)? There are no original VMFs of CSGO maps .(or i don't know something?)

wallworm

Correct. I've only imported VMF/MAP files that have one or more of these conditions:

• I made them
  • The original author gave them to me (other from Black Mesa or clients or WW users)
  • The files are included in public sdkcontent folders

Revizion

Quote from: wallworm on November 06, 2016, 11:38:08 AM
Correct. I've only imported VMF/MAP files that have one or more of these conditions:

• I made them
  • The original author gave them to me (other from Black Mesa or clients or WW users)
  • The files are included in public sdkcontent folders
Okay, thank you, Shawn. Waiting new build!

wallworm

Revizion

Quote from: wallworm on November 06, 2016, 04:10:50 PM
Get latest WW and see if the bug persists for you: http://www.wallworm.net/index.php/topic,1945.0.html
Holy... Shawn, you're god! I just checked it, at the first IT'S FAST! At the second - it works, and works great! There is result! http://imgur.com/a/RhnSO
Thank you very much!

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk