prerogative

Author Topic: In need of a Rebel Alliance?  (Read 4486 times)

Infidel

• You can build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, or you can set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life. ________________________
  • Global Moderator
  • Custom Mapper Initiate
    • View Profile
In need of a Rebel Alliance?
« on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:26 AM »
Not what I generally expect or even see in here but I wanted to post it anyway. I am looking for recruits for Rebel Alliance that will need to be formed should our current Communist in Chief get what he asked for in recent State of the Union address (1/24/2012).
He called not only for the usual class warfare but also for the consolidation of powers (kind of like Senator/ Chancellor Palpatine). This nation was founded in the exact manner it was to discourage the rise of a dictator. This 'president' has already proven that he cares little for the constitution, as has most of his administration. Now he is calling for the ability to absorb, in no small part, the Legislative Branch. Is this not the same route taken by Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Chavez, Mao and Castro? Isn't this the sort of thing that our Constitution is designed to stop?
Yet how was it met when he said this? What was the response of the public? What about the G.O.P.? What about the Media?
We get a thunderous applause (please rewatch the scene in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where Palpatine kills the republic and erects the Galactic Empire. There is a frightening parallel here). We get little response calling out this fact from the Republicans. We all know the media (free press my butt) is in the bag. Look at how the always protect this horrible excuse for a leader. If you question him your a racist. If you doubt him your an extremist. If you point out obvious truths your a possible terrorist. This guy is bad for America and they don't care enough to warn anyone. Sad state we have allowed ourselves to come to.
Now more importantly this ran isn't about if or when the consolidation of powers will/ could occur. It is instead designed to illustrate the fact that we live in a nation of happy ignorance. As we continue to vote for people who have no business running the country (Clinton, Bush and Obama). We don't speak up when horrible things like this are said or when his speeches are filled with lies and half-truths. As long as we continue to swallow the excuse of "it's out of my hands" then it will always remain thus.
This just a little something to think about.

So if the worst comes to then feel free to join the Rebel Alliance with me. (I get to ride all the TaunTauns!!)

http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_copybook.htm

wallworm

• Administrator
  • Behind me?
    • View Profile
Re: In need of a Rebel Alliance?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
My friend... I love you. But I really don't agree with much in the above comment. I am too tired of politics in general from both sides of America's narrow view of humanity. Both parties in America have severe myopia... but when you are labeling Obama a communist, you are really just letting everyone know that you listen to and watch predominantly Right-Wing political commentary. (A few years ago, the left wingers addicted to leftist political commentary were calling Bush a fascist...)

My points are really these:

1) There are much better forums for political commentary in general... but then again this is the General Category... hmmm
2) This has nothing to do with Max, Source, good times, creativity and/or your clash with horatiopump

In the spirit of good politics... I'll compromise, though! You are allowed one crazy poltical/religious rant per every ten Max/Source/WW related posts or every two completed models for our projects (completed being fully unwrapped, textured and ready to go)! Which means you cannot even respond to this for a few posts!

:)

K@rt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: In need of a Rebel Alliance?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »