MDL Import problem

Started by Ivan, December 27, 2016, 02:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan

Every time I press "Import MDL" button from Wall Worm Importers menu I get "Unknown system exception" error.

Win 7 SP1 x64, Wall Worm version is 2.944 (Free)
I have fresh installed 3DS Max 2016 with latest SP4. I also have System Paths configured.
Any idea how to fix that issue?

p.s. Tried Max 2015 version but with same result :(

Joris Ceoen

Quote from: Ivan on December 27, 2016, 02:25:49 AM
Every time I press "Import MDL" button from Wall Worm Importers menu I get "Unknown system exception" error.

That's odd. Which version are you currently using? If you are having 3DS Max 2015 or 2017, SP1 is outdated. For 2015 the latest Service Pack is 4, and for 2017 the latest is SP3 (released this month). They fix a ton of issues (for 2017 a viewport rendering bug in particular which was extremely annoying).

Service pack 4 (2015): https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/3ds-max-2015-service-pack-4.html
Service pack 3 (2017): https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/downloads/caas/downloads/content/3ds-max-2017-service-pack-3.html

Let us know if you were able to fix it  :)

Joris Ceoen

NVM I mistook your I for a nr1. Seems that you are using 2016 with the latest SP, which should give you no errors. In that case, first of all do you have the latest Wall Worm version? If you're not sure, download a new copy now and re-install the fils. Then, are you sure you have a fresh install of CS:GO? Sometimes when you mess around with the VPK files, it might be that Wall Worm cannot properly access the files. Try verifying the integrity of the game's cache.

If that didn't help, make sure you have the right settings for CS:GO (you can do this by going to the Wall Worm settings, import GameConfig and find the gameconfig in the bin folder of CS:GO). It needs to know in which directory it has to look for VPK's.

If that didn't help, check (in settings) if the field next to the 'Prop Library' button has the following: $imports

That should give you a direction to see if that caused the error. If you still haven't fixed it by then, only Shawn will be able to help you further  :)

wallworm

Quote from: Joris Ceoen on December 27, 2016, 09:55:27 AM
If that didn't help, make sure you have the right settings for CS:GO (you can do this by going to the Wall Worm settings, import GameConfig and find the gameconfig in the bin folder of CS:GO). It needs to know in which directory it has to look for VPK's.

This will solve your problem. Your paths are not properly set up. After you import a GameConfig, you need to then select the game from the preset list and hit the load button under the list of games (in the main WW settings).

Quote from: Joris Ceoen on December 27, 2016, 09:55:27 AM
If that didn't help, check (in settings) if the field next to the 'Prop Library' button has the following: $imports

Actually, the Prop Library is now a deprecated thing. It's only left inside WW for older versions of Max. In 2015+, no prop library is needed because the system just uses MDL files from the VPKs.

wallworm

Sorry I neglected to post here, but this error should never happen after some logic changes. If you still see the error simply update WW.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk