"Help" Textures bug out on export.

Started by Mr.Fudge, January 12, 2017, 12:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Fudge

Hi.

When I export textures from max I get an error saying
(Cannot read texture C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/sdk_content/materialsrc/fudge/FireExt01.tga)
When I open the model in viewer the model comes up black.

Been trying to figure this out now for a couple of days and cant seem to find the issue. everything seems to be correct.
Anyone here know whats up?

wallworm

I am sorry about your issue. To help, I will need some more information.

Can you first provide:

• What version of 3ds Max
  • What service pack version of Max
  • What version # of WW
  • Is this the free WW or WW Pro?

Next, please provide the exact steps leading up to this (what buttons were pressed in what order). Which button is pressed when the error happens?

Mr.Fudge

3ds max 2015 (v17.0)and 2017 (v19.0) same issue in both.
Wall Worm Free v2.955

Select model, add texture, name texture, name texture the map folder, name material the texture name, add WW to model, export vtf's, export QC + Model

wallworm

I just tested the latest free version in Max 2015 and could not reproduce the problem.

Which button, specifically, are you pressing to get that error?

Does this file path actually exist on your computer: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Counter-Strike Global Offensive/sdk_content/materialsrc/fudge/FireExt01.tga

If so, it may also be locked. Is it open in another program? I also know that some versions of Max have a problem writing to a file open in another editor unless you install all the latest service packs.

Mr.Fudge

TopHatWaffle tried to help me figure this out yesterday. we did everything the same on his pc and everything worked fine. we even copied the same files I used to his pc and it worked. We checked all the pathnames, folders, install and setting and everything is as it should be. can't understand this:/ the error comes when I press the export vft's button

Mr.Fudge

Seems like there was an issue with the valve compiler and the TGA's my photoshop made.
Had to render to texture in max and save that as a new tga then add that to my model in max and compile.
Will buy the pro ww and I wont have this issue as it has its own compiler:)

Thanks again Shawn for the help:)

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk