Wall Worm will not compile due to error, I don't think it is wall worm thou

Started by qbert39, February 09, 2012, 11:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qbert39

I have been trying to compile a model i made in 3dsmax into the source sdk but i get too errors that prevent me from compiling.

The first error is
SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0046F838) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock

After I get this error I try to run sdk from steam and it won't open. I have to restart steam to get sdk to actually open.

When i try to compile while sdk is open istill get this error message.

Anyone know of any possible solutions

wallworm

I have seen that error only in times when I've acciedentally ran a compile when Steam isn't running (even when manually trying to compile various assets without WWMT). For me, it has always later worked when I restarted Steam.

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but there was an update in the last few days after which Steam always forgets  what Mod I've got selected for the current Steam Vproject. Since then Steam isn't remembering what game I should be compiling for.

Out of curiosity, which compiler were you running? Textures? The model compiler? Sky? VMF?

qbert39

It was the model compiler and the texture compiler. Got the same error for both. Steam did update yesterday after I restarted several times while still getting the same result. I rebooted my computer and then steam updated, but the same error just continued.

wallworm

qbert39

Thanks, however I did solve the problem. It turns out that Steam was set to run as administrator on the executable. When I removed run as administrator the compiler began working properly so all is good    :)

wallworm

Aha... glad you figured it out. I will have to add that to the docs when I finally get around to updating them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk