Bug when I import the 3ds fbx projet in c4d.

Started by laco, March 01, 2017, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laco

Well, first sorry for my sh*t english, I'm learning yet, I went to great lengths to make this message readable.

So, I import the CS:GO, VMF file with Well Worm plugin in 3ds max 2017, everything's okay here. I clear the lights, triggers n things useless. The maps is perfect, u can see here: http://prntscr.com/eey43f, when I export this with .fbx format (with Embede media). But, When I import the same project in C4D, But the floors, some trees, dont have textures: screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/eey4wm

how i fix this? If in 3ds it's everything's ok, why in c4d i get this error? Just this my doubt, the rest is all perfect.

Again, sorry for my english, n congratulations for the WW Plugin, this is incredible.

wallworm

Quote from: laco on March 01, 2017, 11:12:10 PM
my english, n congratulations for the WW Plugin, this is incredible.

No need to apologize and thanks for the kind remark.

Quote from: laco on March 01, 2017, 11:12:10 PM
So, I import the CS:GO, VMF file with Well Worm plugin in 3ds max 2017 ... the maps is perfect... But, When I import the same project in C4D, But the floors, some trees, dont have textures...

how i fix this? If in 3ds it's everything's ok, why in c4d i get this error?

My best guess is that the failed materials are ones that are not standard. For example, if the street material is a WorldVertexTransition shader in Source, it is converted to a DirectX shader in Max. Same with 4way blend shaders. Maybe this shader is not properly exported to C4D.

But that wouldn't explain the problem with models. The models should all be standard materials.

So the issue might be a little deeper. But I do not know anything about C4D.

For the next test, I'd try re-importing the FBX file into 3ds Max and see if the materials turn out fine when coming back to Max. If so, it's a problem on the C4D import. If not, then it may be something special in those specific materials. If all else fails, you may need to reapply the textures used on materials that have missing textures.

laco

ty for the answer.

Well, when I try "re-importing the FBX file into 3ds Max and see if the materials turn out fine when coming back to Max", the 3dsmax crashs or it takes too long to crash my computer, that anyway my pc is so good. another think i saw is that, in the normal process, from 3ds for c4d, the floor, any trees n grass, dont have material in panel layer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk