Problem with export to source (textures, materials)

Started by AlexSabotage, March 04, 2017, 09:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSabotage

Hi.
I use WWMT for export to CS: GO scene piece by piece, but I have problems with textures.
The fact that the successful transfer of the game I get only a model, but without the texture. How to configure VTF files I do not know, I need help.

Another problem arises with some models. "No materials were found to export on the model" Texture in TGA format.
Thanks for help.

(I'm using the free version of the plugin)

wallworm

Are the materials applied to the model inside Max? The model needs to have Standard Materials to export correctly. I need more information on how the model/materials are set up as well as the settings for the WWMT Helper in the scene.

AlexSabotage

Quote from: wallworm on March 04, 2017, 10:03:28 AM
Are the materials applied to the model inside Max? The model needs to have Standard Materials to export correctly. I need more information on how the model/materials are set up as well as the settings for the WWMT Helper in the scene.

http://skrinshoter.ru/s/040317/vicolgnf?a - This object. As you can see all the textures, the path to it is registered, they TGA.

(And i'm use
translator)

wallworm

Normally this means the model assigned to the WWMT Helper has no material. Make sure the model is assigned to the WWMT Helper you are trying to export.

AlexSabotage

In truth I do not understand.

We have 2 objects. One is no error, the other gets "No materials were found to export on the model". All the textures in the TGA and they can be seen on the object in 3DS MAX.

wallworm

At this point, it's hard to say without the scene.

Click File > Save As... > Archive and email the zip file to me. My email is in the WW readme. I will investigate later today.

wallworm

I opened the scene. There are several issues with it. Because there were no WWMT Helpers in the scene, it is not clear to me which props, specifically, you were trying to export. If it was the entire scene as a single model, it will fail because the tri count is far too high (over 400,000 tris) and almost 1000 bones. But those are different issues from the material.

Many of the models have invalid Materials. Accepted material types are:

• Standard
  • Multi/Sub-Object Material
  • Direct X Shader (if the render material is a Standard Material)
  • Shell Material (if the bake material is a Standard or Multi Material)

The majority of objects in the scene are using a Material that apparently belongs to the Corona renderer. I don't own that renderer to fully test, but in the end, it means you need to update the materials to one of the materials that works for the exporter.

AlexSabotage

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk