B2M setup

Started by Ady, March 06, 2017, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ady

Hi, I have a quick question about the bitmap2material setup and how to get it to work.
I noticed in your blended mapping video that the path to b2m is set to your Autodesk folder where as b2m installed itself to program files\Allegorithmic on my pc.
Is there something I haven't done right as I cannot find the .sbsar file anywhere in the 3ds max folders, only in the Allegorithmic, data folder. Setting the path to this causes an error about b2m not being installed. I hope I have explained well enough and that you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ady.

wallworm

Can you generate the error, hit F11 and paste the entire error message here? There is a bug stopping from the function from working, and this is likely the cause. I am not having the error, so I need your complete error to pinpoint.

Ady

All it says in max listener is this below. I assume it says it 6 times as there are 6 textures. I am using wallworm pro 3.034

Substance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrarSubstance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrarSubstance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrarSubstance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrarSubstance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrarSubstance error in g_ReadPackageFile, can't load .sbsrar

wallworm

I have a suspicion.

Max does not natively support Substance Engine 5 or later. If pointing to B2M3, it's possible you are using one not supported in this Max. You have three solutions:

Let me know if this helps. Note you'll have to close Max to install the updated Substance plugin.

Ady

ok, will try your suggestions and let ya know what happens. Thank you for replying.

wallworm

Sounds good.

Note I edited list above. You can also point WW to B2M 2.0 also, which is the older Substance engine. Since B2M 2 is not PBR, it actually aligns more with Source. But you can still use B2M 3 as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk