Physical model&model with animation

Started by Kutter, March 14, 2017, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kutter

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using 3ds max 2014, the plugin wall worm Free v2.943.
There is a model of the machine for which the animation was made. There is a physical model, if you compile the model, then the physical model, such as I did it and everything works fine, you can enter the machine.

But if you activate the animation of the machine, the physical model remains, of course, in place. I apply the Skin modifier to the physical model and bind it to the machine.
Now the physical model moves along with the model of the machine, but the physical model changes and the machine can not go.

What have I done wrong? The question is how to correctly link the physical model to the model of the machine, what would it be possible to enter into it? Everything I did as shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY6UF7lB1T4

Here's a small video, what's the problem, if I've explained everything badly :) https://youtu.be/KhUGNJdihkE
I'm trying to make the model for 3 days and I hope you can help me :)

P.S. Sorry for my english :)

wallworm

I erroneously skipped an option in WWMT QC exporter. I'll add it into the next update. In WWMT, click the QC button in the main rollout. Look for the $collisionjoints {} block and insert this command: $concaveperjoint

Now click the Lock QC button and re-export. This should solve it but remember any changes to WWMT will not translate into the model because of the Lock QC so if a setting needs to change, unlock, export, edit the QC, lock and export again. That's temporary as I will update WW to automate this soon.

wallworm

if you update WW, this issue should be alleviated. Now the $concave option will set the $concaveperjoint when the model is using a jointed collision model (most common when the prop isn't staticprop). Without that, the hulls were always collapsing to a single hull per bone.

Kutter

Updated, everything is super. Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk