Hulls are being bullies and make weird rectangles

Started by trumoose, March 16, 2017, 06:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trumoose

For some reason, when I try to make a hull it defaults to a rectanglular shape (unlike everywhere else, where it's normal and accurately represents the shape of the polys.) I suppose I could fix this with clipbrushes ingame, but it'd kinda be a pain to go in and individually add clipbrushes to each and every one of these models that I use. Is there any way to resolve this?

On a side note, is it possible to increase the max amount of hulls per model? I've dug around in the WallWorm settings but I can't seem to find anything pertaining to this.

wallworm

It's not clear to me the process of getting the square hull. You will need to provide more details.

In terms of max hulls, there is a global setting for this.

Click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Settings > Models > Collision Hull Settings > Expensive Collision Hull Handling. Set it to Match $maxconvexpieces to Hull Count.

trumoose

Honestly, I'm perplexed as to what could be causing the deformities. Their location and formation appear to be completely arbitrary, although they do seem to appear in groups. One thing I have noticed, though, is that it seems to be limited to individual polys. Some polys within an element will be completely fine while others have the problem.

Sorry I couldn't provide more details. Running v3.034.

wallworm

What is the process you are using to create the hulls? Remember that if using the hull generation function in WW (like Quick Hull or Create Hulls from Selection), the functions will generate one hull per element. So make sure that there are no Element sub-objects that are planar or smaller tan your expected hull parts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk