WallWorm Brush Entities are lost after restart

Started by EgrOnWire, March 18, 2017, 02:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EgrOnWire

Brush entities rollout is loosing ents after 3DS Max restart.
When FGD is reparsed, Brush Entities are appearing where whey should be, but after shutdown they arent there again.

Paths to Binaries, etc inlcuded down below:

wallworm

I may need some more information. Are yo saying that clicking Wall Worm > Wall Worm Level Design > Brush Entities makes a list of no entities? Or is this a different rollout that you are talking about?

Can you go to

C:\Users\WindowUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2017 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\WallWorm.com\entities

And see what files are listed there. You should see a MAXScript file that matches your FGD file name. Based off of your screenshot, it would be base_entities.ms .

If that is fine, look for this file:

C:\Users\Shawn\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2017 - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup\wallworm_load_entities.ms

See that it points to the file for you mod in the folder above. If that file exists, then it may mean that there is a parse error in the entities (possibly).

With the later versions of WW, that entity function should run as soon as Max starts. You may check the MAXScript listener for errors at startup as the autoloader should dump a message like "Entity Load Error" with some additional info.

EgrOnWire

All the files you provided paths to are valid, there is no script errors at MAX Script Listener.
base_enitites.ms size is 2.1 MB, so i think it has all the brush ents i need. They just dont get loaded for some reason.

wallworm

2MB seems a little small. For all of mine are 4-6MB for Source games I work with a lot. It may be a bug.

Are you using WW or WW Pro? They both generate that file but the free WW is slower and I don't test it as often.

EgrOnWire

WallWorm free.

It does show all the brush entities when i reparse FGD file, and it is correct one.

wallworm

I have an idea. Create a new preset in global settings and select that preset as your current preset. Then reset Max and see if this still happens?

wallworm

OK, I will have a look at it later today. I'm just leaving. I have a feeling I must have left out some logic in the free WW parser when I merged the two parsing logic recently. That's my suspicion ATM.

wallworm

OK, I fixed this. Thanks for reporting. Latest WW should not have this. I never noticed either because the WW Pro parser is faster or because my cache wasn't missing the list.

wallworm

Well as it turns out, what I loaded earlier did no fix free ww , but another version I just loaded should fix the ww free parser.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk