$attachment really complicated...

Started by Joris Ceoen, February 23, 2012, 07:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joris Ceoen

Ok, I'm really experimenting with all the WWMT, and I recently came across that attachment menu and particles. It's really something I need, it's vital for the visual performance on my map.

I did everything correctly I think, but when I use the sequence by which the particle is attached to the bone, it simply doesn't show up. I'll post what's in the QC file:

//QC File generated by the Wall Worm Model Tools Version 1.745
//Get the latest version and notes at:
//http://wallworm.com/projects/utilities/docs

$scale 1
$modelname   "3dsmaxmodels/SSBB_Ike.mdl"
$body SSBB_Ike "SSBB_Ike.smd"
$cdmaterials "3dsmaxmodels"
$sequence idle "SSBB_Ike" loop fps 30
$sequence Ike_standidle "Ike_standidle" loop fps 30
$sequence Ike_move "Ike_move" loop fps 30
$sequence Ike_normalattack "Ike_normalattack" fps 38
$sequence Ike_specialattack "Ike_specialattack" fps 30 {
{ event AE_START_SCRIPTED_EFFECT 0 "explosion_huge follow_attachment Fire" }

{ event AE_END_SCRIPTED_EFFECT 30 "explosion_huge follow_attachment Fire" }
}
$attachment "Fire" "ValveBiped.Bip01_L_Hand" 0 0 0 rotate 0 0 0

$include   "SSBB_Ike_wwmt_custom.qci"

So: My model is Ike from SSBB. When he uses the specialattack, at the left hand (where his sword is), should that particle explosion_huge start...
When I use it in-game, it doesn't work.

When I check the attachment location in the model viewer, it shows exactly the attachment's location, but no particle...

What am I doing wrong? Any help?

Many thanks!

PS: I used that explosion_huge simply because it is in the VDC. I actually want it to work with a particle I made in the particle_editor, but let that aside atm.

wallworm

If you are seeing the attachment in model viewer, then it is already working properly most likely. The particle system, however, may not be straight forward.

First, I don't think the particles will appear in model viewer. I may be wrong... but I think they only appear inside a compiled level.

Also... not all particles will work in all circumstances... and some are not really appropriate for all models; you have to be really careful using them without a lot of testing as they can really bog down a computer if not scripted properly.

wallworm

Also, I noticed by your QC that you are using a fairly out-dated version of WWMT. You may consider updating (here's changelog).

Joris Ceoen

Haha, indeed. Been a long time since I updated. Well the system is too complicated for me, I'll just stick with simple particles coming out of info_particle_systems... I'll update right away!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk