IMPORTANT! Windows Creator Update Errors

Started by wallworm, May 12, 2017, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Several users have reported problems installing or using WW when the Windows 10 Creator Update is installed. I have not had the time to install and test it yet. I suggest avoid installing this update until after more software developers (including myself) have officially tested and given the green light on it.

At this time, it looks like WW/WW Pro may not work with the Creator Update. I will post here with updates next week.

StealthClobber

Quote from: wallworm on May 12, 2017, 01:20:59 PMI suggest avoid installing this update until after more software developers (including myself) have officially tested and given the green light on it.

Too late for that unfortunately. I haven't encountered any problems yet on 2016 though.

wallworm

Well that is good to know.

So far there are a few users with major problems I cannot reproduce and the only common factor I've surmised if the Creator Update. I'll be installing and testing next week.

Pipann

Has there been any updates on this problem? I'm deliberately holding off on installing the creator's back because of this. :)

wallworm

Well the verdict is still out in general. I know of two users who have issues. I've updated to the Creator's Update and all works fine for me. So I'm not certain where to go from here on the issue. I cannot find any problems on my end to give any input on this issue.

Pipann

You can add a third to that list. A friend of mine had updated to creator's recently and now his wallworm is broken too. :\

I'm not really sure I like the idea of that update anyway, so I've blocked it from my PC for now.

wallworm

Thanks for the info.

I have now installed creator update on 3 systems without any problems running WW. So until I receive more information with more clues, I'm going to say this one isn't something I can address at this time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk