why my teapot hull is rotated in csgo

Started by fafawudi, May 15, 2017, 03:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fafawudi

the pictures show the setting i set in WWMT for teapot and the result in game.

wallworm

It this is for a prop_static, you'll just need to check the $staticprop option and the problem will go away. If it's an animated prop, you'll need to make a root bone and skin the main model and the hull to it.

After either case, re-export/compile.

fafawudi

Thank your replay.  my teapot is prop_static model. i have check the $staticprop option. The hull is in the right place. but i have another problem, my teapot is black. can you help me!!!! 
ps. i can see the texture in the model viewer. but can not seen in game.

wallworm

Probably incorrect shader.

Most likely you used a Brush Material, which won't work on a model. So you need to make a new material and re-export it (not the textures, just the material). So copy your material in the material editor, change it's name, change the Source shader from LightmappedGeneric to VertexLitGeneric. Then re-export the material from the WW menu.

fafawudi

sorry! i can not find the option to change the shader type from LightmappedGeneric to VertexLitGeneric.
can you take a picture of the setting.  Thanks very much!!!! Orz. Orz. Orz.

wallworm

See Source Shader Settings. The image on that page displays a shader set to WorldVertexTransition. In your case, make sure to check the For Model option and choose VertexLitGeneric.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk