Bodygroups and Skin issues

Started by TheOGKenway, May 18, 2017, 06:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOGKenway

Hi there. I'm currently trying to export a model with bodygroups, but I'm having quite a bit of issues. I'm unsure still how to use the bodygroup window editor that's in WWMT, and every time I export the model, both textures and the bodygroups don't show. I can get textures working for the base model, but I cannot get any bodygroups to show up, or just any bodygroup menu at all in Source Filmmaker. How exactly does one get bodygroups to work?

With skins I'm having a similar issue, where no matter what I do, the option for skins in Source Filmmaker does not show up. Is there any way someone can tell me exactly how to do skins and bodygroups for models using WWMT? I know it's easier than I'm making it out to be, but I just don't understand why I'm having so much errors. I'm fine exporting models normally, it's just now with skins and bodygroups  things are difficult.

wallworm

Sorry you are having issues.

Assuming you already have a WWMT Helper and you have several objects in the scene that you want to export as bodygroup meshes, you can do this:

• Select new meshes
  • Click Wall Worm > Wall Worm Model Tools > Body Groups
  • Click the Create BG From Selection and Prompt
  • When prompted to create WWMT Helpers, click Yes
  • Now you are prompted to select the main WWMT: click the WWMT Helper you started with

Now you'll notice a few things:

1) The Bodygroup dummy: If you select it and open the modify tab, notice it lists the models belonging to that bodygroup. It also has an option to include Blank.

2) The main WWMT Helper now lists the bodygroup helper in Bodygroups list of the Models, Attachments & Bones Rollout. This rollout is found if you select the WWMT Helper in the scene and open the Modify tab.

When you export the main WWMT, it will automatically export the bodygroups.

Note that bodygroups need to have the same material path as the main model.

As for skins, the method for making new skins on models are detailed here: Export Multiple Texture Skins.

TheOGKenway

Hmm... ok I'm running into another issue

The model I'm using has multiple meshes. I'm trying to select all of them, and then create a proxy so that I can create skins, but every time I create a proxy it only shows the very first mesh I selected. I hit Add Sel, and tried Append, but I can't seem to get all the meshes correctly selected. Is there a way around this, where I can export the model as one mesh, and then use that exported fbx through wall worm for exporting to Source then? Idk if anything I'm saying makes sense, I just can't get around the multiple mesh issue.

And finally, I think once I can solve that multiple mesh issue, I have a slight issue with sequences. Now, I use 3DS max, and I've been trying to import multiple FBX animation files that are essentially applied onto one model. However, for some reason only one FBX file loads at a time. Does that mean I can only import one sequence and not multiple for my model?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk