what is different between static and dynamic prop export.

Started by fafawudi, May 19, 2017, 04:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fafawudi

i have four castle in scene.
i export castle prop with different setting by using WWMT.  (dynamic with hull, dynamic without hull, static with hull, static without hull)
i have check the 'Use Local Origin as World Origin' and 'Calculate Origin in SMD'  as the common setting.
i have some questions from the experiment.
1.why the static prop is dim than dynamic prop, them both use the same material.
2.compare with static prop, why dynamic prop model is rotated 90 degree.
3.in the dynamic with hull result, why the dynamic prop and it's hull have 90 degree rotation.

welcome any comments.help me

wallworm

The lighting difference is that dynamic props receive light from one point only whereas static props are lit per vertex.

For some hints about adjusting its lighting:

As for the different rotation in static vs dynamic: Models compiled with $staticprop are assigned a bone and rotated when compiled. This is why the same prop won't face the same way when a version is compiled with $staticprop and another isn't.

As for the collision hull being rotated in a dynamic prop, this is due to a bug in Source itself (confirmed to me personally by a Valve employee). The way to get around this is to create a bone and skin the model and the hull to that same bone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk