Anvil UVW News

Started by wallworm, February 28, 2012, 03:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

For anyone who has been testing the VMF Exporter inside Wall Worm, you have noticed the obvious problem that the texture rotation, scale and translation has not been correct. Well that is soon to end.

Several people have been trying to solve this dilemma for weeks. Among them have been Gulli "K@rt" Thoday, Andrew Penry and myslef--along with many people in various forums like on Steam and CG Society.

I can finally say, Thank Goodness for the Math Gods. Actually, I'm simply regurgitating an exultation from Mr. "AndraX2000" Penry. Andrew finally cracked the formula. So by this weekend, Anvil will finally be able to export properly UV'd brush geometry (and hopefully displacements).

For my part... I did learn more about the intricacies of vectors, matrices and related math functions--but I am glad that I'm surrounded by people like Andrew and Gulli who picked up the challenge because math is simply not my strong suit. Had it been left to just me... I'm confident the problem would have gone unsolved because (after looking at the solution) it would have been too much trial and error for me to solve--and I probably would have given up because it would have taken too much time.

So everyone in the Wall Worm nation can thank Andrew with a cheer (or a hug, if you're into that kind of display...). I'll settle on splitting a 6-pack of some dark brew :)

There will be some other goodies in the next update but I'll leave those for the release. Keep your eyes out... I'll release this all sometime over the next week.

wallworm

UVW now works. And here is a general overview on exporting the VMF.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk