Max Freezes after first time Launching a WW Command after updating WW

Started by wallworm, July 13, 2017, 11:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

After updating WW in Max 2017+, you may find that Max freezes for about a minute. This is a Known Issue about updating WW in Max 2017/2018. The freeze will stop Max working for a minute or two and then pop up a MAXScript error.

You can wait for the freeze to finish or kill Max in the taskmanager. After you do that, you may need to reload the WW Macros. To do this, after restarting Max, go to the Global Settings and click the Update Menus button at the right side of the global settings.

I'm looking into this problem, but it's a very strange behavior in Max that was only introduced after Max 2017. Debugging it is difficult.

Joris Ceoen

Is it related to AutoDESK or just ww? As in, did the update from Max cause this?

wallworm

Well this is a change in how Max 2017+ works. The problem started last year and continues. I have not figured out the exact reason for it. I can probably avoid the error if I knew exactly where the problem occurs, but the information Max is providing about this error isn't really helpful. I will try to get some input from AD devs, but this is such an odd occurrence that it won't be easy to explain the steps in the code leading up to this problem. Anyway, there are workarounds as in link above, it's just annoying.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk