Compile Issues regarding Collision Mesh for a World Model

Started by foks, September 02, 2017, 12:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foks

Hey there,
I have detailed everything in video form, please see below.

I have uploaded the source files to Google Drive for further inspection.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B45ezlsAqe0RTVBJYm1jbGRZRUU/view?usp=sharing

wallworm

Thank you for taking the time to try and figure this out on your own and making the video.

At this time, WW uses some default logic for whether to use $collisionmodel or $collisionjoints that works for most models but may not always be appropriate. You can override those defaults in WW. Unfortunately, there is no exposure to this in the main WWMT Floater. Instead, select the WWMT Helper in the viewport, then open the Modify Tab of the Command Panel. In the Collision Model rollout, change the Hull Type from Let WW Choose to $collisionmodel. Once you change that, you will need to close the WWMT Floater and re-open it to get this setting change to work when using the export functions in the floater.

foks

Hey there,
First and foremost I really appreciate the fast response.

It did indeed take quite some time for me to figure this one out, there was about a week of downtime where I had begun working on other projects as a result of not being able to ascertain the cause.
I'll note this the next time I'm working with bones.

Thanks. :)

wallworm

Quote from: foks on September 02, 2017, 04:19:15 AMFirst and foremost I really appreciate the fast response.
You are welcome :)
Quote from: foks on September 02, 2017, 04:19:15 AM
I'll note this the next time I'm working with bones.
For the record, $collisionjoints is the type of hull you'll use most with animated props. I think the main issue is that Gmod is possibly using the Hitbox rather than the hull. In that case you might still get away with the $collisionjoints by manually creating a hitbox, which you can do with WW. See Hitbox and Bone Properties which I updated today to reflect an update to hitbox exporting that I just loaded in WW 3.232.

So if trying to make manual hitboxes, make sure to update WW first. I only ever tested hitbox functions in CS:GO and discovered this morning that other mods/games don't support the Hitbox Rotation command. So to get the hitboxes to compile, you will need to set the new Global Setting called Use Hitbox Rotations in the model tab to OFF before exporting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk