Beer can.

Started by Shinobiwan, February 25, 2011, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinobiwan

Hey Shawn, thanks again for this amazing pluggin.

Im moddeling a beer can and ive got it all the way into the model viewer but for some reason the textures are gone. Just getting pink and black checkerboard.

I noticed there is a export vtf function and a "Export selected" option.

Does the material im using for my uvw map in the material editor have to be a vtf? or does your plugin convert it to vtf somehow?

Shinobiwan

Woops, figured it out. I wasnt using targas. Ill post a pic soon so you can see!

Shinobiwan

Looks great in the model viewer. But when i add it into a test map, which is basically just a square empty room with dev textures and an info_player_start. And compile it, it wont show.

I added it as a prop_physics.

Im running a hl2 multiplayer mod created through the mod creation wizzard on the 2007 version of the engine. Not sure what im doing wrong. Any clues? I cant get particle effects to show up either, they work in tools mode but never in game.

Shinobiwan

Fixed it by making it a prop_physics_overide. Of course the scale is completely off. Thats a massive can of beer.

wallworm

Excellent!

Yeah I'm sorry the docs are sparse. I have to make choices between building the tool, writing the docs and then sometimes working on my own projects :)

To use it as Prop Physics you must have various settings. You'll want to use settings in the Prop Data and Gibs rollout to set the Base type. You'll also want to set it to $staticprop in the model rollout and probably choose autohull in the collision hull rollout.

You may find, also, that it won't appear in game if you choose a Base (in Prop Data) that doesn't match with the $surfaceprop (if you've set $surfaceprop).

Also, I discovered an inadvertant bug in V0.996 where the fadetime spinner causes a MAXScript error. So don't change that field until the next update.

Thanks for joining the forums here and contributing! Please do share all ideas and let me know of any bugs in the bug report section.

Infidel

That's a first. Someone complaining about too much beer?
Seriously. Good job man looks pretty cool over all and I like the name on it. Get the scaling fixed and I'll be asking for a copy to put in my maps! lol
Good job bro and welcome to Wallworm Forums.

Shinobiwan

Fixed the scale, added in the puny little valve popcan for reference.

I plan on having it be a usable item in my mod.

Next step is to animate an arm cracking it open and drinking it.

Watch in HD. Sorry for the video/audio lag. Fraps and my processor dont get along too well.

Infidel

Lookin good bro... lookin good. Keep up the good work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk