Displacment issue.

Started by Infidel, June 26, 2012, 07:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infidel

I have tried again here while taking breaks from my new models to work with the Displacement tool. I still have issues with my displacements not always lining up properly. I know it is a snaps issue just not sure which one. Any ideas?
Thanks.

:-\

wallworm

First thing make sure you are using the latest version of WW. (There was a new release yesterday.)

Then start using the new Move Mode function in Anvil. When that is on, you will see the displacements' base mesh (that representes the displacement before you had done any sculpting/editing). Use that mesh for moving/lining up. Then when done moving, exit that mode.

NEVER SCULPT THAT MOVE MESH!

Infidel

Alright. I will try that tonight then. I did not realize there was a new release. I will get it downloaded and then post about how I can't install it because it doesn't make sense. I will promptly ignore the docs and FAQs and complain about how hard the whole thing is. Then once I do get it installed I will then complain about how I can not get my bin directories installed and conveniently ignore any and all docs, FAQs and / or suggestions, so I can complain about that as well.
:o

Thanks!!
;D

Infidel

I have an issue with my video card absolutely. Whole sections of my displacements disappear and I keep loosing my Grid (no I am not hitting the G key). I am just surprised that it behaves this way with Anvil but yet not with Max in general. I think there might be a corrupted code that has anti infidel info in it and is deliberately attacking me. Just a guess.... :P

So for now I will have to forgo the Displacements until I get my beast back up and running. I do appreciate the help and all on trying to figure all my Max issues out.

wallworm

The problem is primarily your video card and Max not liking each other. The displacements are using DirectX Shader Materials... which are not the ones you usually use in Max. These just aren't working right on some video cards, unfortunately.

Infidel

Thanks for the info. I saw an earlier post about the DirectX shaders being used and was wondering if that was part of the problem or not. At least I know the issue and that it is:
A.) not a bug,

B.) not a operator error.

That gives me some peace of mind for sure.

Thanks for the response.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk