Roadblock

Started by wallworm, February 28, 2011, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I've reached a roadblock in the development of WWMT. Wunderboy has provided me a pre-release of his new SMD Exporter update. It is designed to be easier for programs like WWMT to use. Unfortunately, I am having problems getting it to integrate properly. It may well be my own limitations in MAXScript (I only really started learning it a few months ago). Or it may be a bug in MAXScript or the SMDExporter.

In any event, I'm trying to figure this out. This issue is consuming the majority of my attention... so if you happen to know anything about MAXScript and plugins, feel free to give some input and help me solve the dilemma.

And if you can't help with that, make sure to visit Wunderboy and thank him for his efforts!

wallworm

I think it's figured out. Thanks to Anubis on the ScriptSpot forums for pointing me in the right direction.

For future reference, anyone having problems in MAXScript with pluginManager.loadClass... run the command twice in a row at the top level of your scripts. Why? I don't know. Just do it.

Anyway, it means that I am close to being ready with the version 1.0 release... which will have support for Jed's new SMD Exporter!

Shinobiwan

NICE! Good to hear your making progress. I cant believe that this tool is going to get easier to use. The process before these tools were crafted was mind numbingly tedious. I cant thank you enough for stream lining everything.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk