Come on!!!

Started by Infidel, July 16, 2012, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infidel

Let's go guys, you can't all be working on nothing at the same time. Can you? Nor can you all be as lazy I am. So, let's make a mid year resolution to start posting more examples of what we are working on (levels/ Models/ textures/ particle systems/ etc).

Do you Wall Worm Brothers a solid and leave a reply of what your impression was of their work.

I'll go first:

Stumps of Three. I need to add each design to the other stumps to create three total skins for each.

KevinLongtime

Hmm, well for me your image didn't show. So my first impressions are that I'm left with wanting more? lol.

I agree though, would like to see more activity! I'm trying to on my end, coming across technical difficulties though

Infidel

Technical difficulties in Max? or in the forum? Eitherway this is the place for help!!
Yeah, I am not sure what the issue is with pics/ vids not coming up. I'll post direct links at the bottom of the original post and see if that helps you any.

KevinLongtime

Still don't see the pic at all..hmm.

Yeah, these forums has helped me a ton; specially with Shawn's passion for the tool and helping :). My current trouble has a thread, but It's a normals smoothing issue I'm having between Maya and Max after converting to Source Engine. Everything looks fine in both 3D packages, but once its in the engine all my smoothing is faceted. Something to do with the SMD exportation process.

But back to the topic, I still don't see the image lol. It's a bummer, because there was another model thread that is very old which I still can't see the posted images on them.

Infidel

You still don't see the direct links at the bottom beneath the "photos"?

Oh yeah... the photos are on the next thread lol.... is that the issue maybe? I will post one here to avoid further confusion. My bad.

As for the smoothing issue? As I am sure Shawn has said... "abandon the false program of Maya. It is a tool of evil and will only lead you astray from the true Gospel Of Graphics which can only be found through 3dsMax." or something like that.
;D

KevinLongtime

Ahh, there we go. Now I see it. Nicely done :) I think a normal map and some slight specular shading would look great on these because it would bring out the bark details and age rings/wood! :D

Haha yeah, it's funny because that's exactly how I feel about 3DS Max. Everytime I use it, feels like I'm jumping over a new hurdle just to do basic functions like I can do in Maya like its second nature. Maya feels like home...no place like home :P

Meathead

Looking good man :) keep it up :) Dont worry about me im just a noob also

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk