Install Bug

Started by Infidel, June 26, 2012, 09:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infidel

-- Error occurred during fileIn in #C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\Scripts\WallWorm.com\install.ms; line number: 74
>> MAXScript FileIn Exception:
-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: FileName <<
:o

Also, it opened a window that contained the following information...

if doesFileExist "$scripts\\WallWorm.com\\WallWormUtilities\\addWWtoMaxMenu.ms" then (

fileIn "$scripts\\WallWorm.com\\WallWormUtilities\\addWWtoMaxMenu.ms"
         include "$scripts\\WallWorm.com\\WallWormModelTools\\wwmtconfigutility.ms"
         messageBox "Wall Worm now installed.\n\nNow please set up your paths."

) else (

messageBox "The installer only works if you have placed the Wall Worm Model Tools into the correct folder in the Max Scripts directory. Please read the installation instructions."
      )

wallworm

Fixed in WWMT 1.788 released this morning.

I had only been testing the updating of WW in last few updates and not the install. I'd erroneously assumed intall.ms was working fine since I hadn't changed it in a while... but other things in WW broke it.

BTW, when updating WW it is no longer necessary to run install.ms. That install script really only needs run when first putting WW onto an installation of Max. Otherwise, each time you open almost any main WW tool, the equivalent of the install.ms gets run as it checks to see if it needs to add the macroscripts for the current version of ww which is really all you need when updating WW.

Infidel

Quote from: wallworm on June 27, 2012, 08:01:10 AM
Fixed in WWMT 1.788 released this morning.
Thanks for this I will update tonight.

Quote from: wallworm on June 27, 2012, 08:01:10 AM
BTW, when updating WW it is no longer necessary to run install.ms. That install script really only needs run when first putting WW onto an installation of Max. Otherwise, each time you open almost any main WW tool, the equivalent of the install.ms gets run as it checks to see if it needs to add the macroscripts for the current version of ww which is really all you need when updating WW.
So... all I need to do is update my WW folder in the Scripts folder and when I tell Max to open  any one of the WW Tools that it will auto update itself as it scans the the folder before opening the application? Is this correct?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk