Greetings

Started by Stef, August 25, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stef

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and Wall Worm/Source sdk. At the moment I'm trying to get the workflow down from 3DS Max 2012 into Source Filmmaker.

I am almost there (just trying to make a .mdl from a simple textured cube for now). Not sure what is going wrong but I will try to work it out myself before I start pleading for help lol.

Basically I downloaded filmmaker and started following a tutorial for it but then I thought... I wonder if I can get my own max meshes into this? That is when I found Wall Worm (literally a few hours ago).

I am new to game engines/modding but I have some experience in Max. The first version I used was some 10 years ago in fact - 3D Studio R4 (MS-DOS).

I found a screenshot of it on someone's flickr in case anyone is feeling nostalgic http://www.flickr.com/photos/tristan_bethe/6136119657/ lol.

Ciao for now.

Stef

wallworm

Greetings and welcome to WW.

I am glad you are going to try and figure it out first because so many people tend to ask first instead of fiddling around... and I think that fiddling always leads people to understand things better in the long-run.

There was an update to WW this morning that you may want to get.

Nice screen shot. I didn't start using Max until 3D Studio Max R.4 (NOT DOS) ... which was the version that equates to Gmax.

I'm not too nostalgic, though. I prefer the newer versions! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk