Exporting VTF Gives error

Started by rainman400, August 26, 2012, 03:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Paste the content of your model's QC file here.

rainman400

//QC File generated by the Wall Worm Model Tools Version 1.863
// Get the latest version and notes at:
// http://dev.wallworm.com

$modelname "Ravish/JumpPad.mdl"
$staticprop
$opaque
$body JumpPad "JumpPad.smd"
$collisionmodel "JumpPad.smd" {
$automass

}
$surfaceprop "undefined"
$cdmaterials "Ravish"
$sequence idle "JumpPad" loop fps 30

$include "JumpPad_wwmt_custom.qci"

rainman400

SOLVED

Thanks to Shawn for being extremely helpful with this one.

So apparently, 3DS Max 2012 has a problem where the WunderBoy Exporter does not export the textures with the correct file name. So, following Shawn's advice, I exported it using the WWMT Fallback option ( which is in the Wall Worm Settings, under the Wunderboy SMD Exporter), followed the rest of the steps and behold! Jumppad has been successfully exported into Hammer :D

Next step.... Adding physics to the object!

wallworm

You're welcome.

Also, I need to clarify this as I may not have explained it properly. The issue here isn't really that there is a problem with the Wunderboy exporter at all... it's that I updated the way WW exports VMTs and VTFs. When using Wunderboy and Cannonfodder with WW, you now have to make sure you have the Legacy VTF and Legacy VMT options turned on... so that the texture exporters will place and name the materials and textures in a way that those SMD exporters expect.

I've simply updated the VMT/VTF exporting for default WW tools so that you have fine control over the placement of you VTFs and VMTs (and can share VTFs now between different materials without having to edit VMTs after the fact).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk