WWMT 1.866 Released

Started by wallworm, September 18, 2012, 10:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.866 released on 9-18-2012

Please note. This update has changes that have not been deeply tested that affect animated models. If you work with animated models and use attachments, back up your current version of WW before installing in case a feature you need is broken. Please provide any feedback if you find a broken feature.

I was out of town the last week and am currently involved in some non-WW work that has my attention... but I decided to release this update even though it needs more testing.

◦ Updated WWMT SMD Exporter to version 1.35. Adds function to lock the translation of an animated model's root node. This option is a new setting in WWMT called Lock Origin State (Which I may rename in the future). When on, the root node can be animated over time. When off, the root node is always at the model's [0,0,0] position despite any animation. This is important when animating the position of a model that is also using the Use Local Origin as World Origin. Otherwise, not necessary. NOT YET TESTED on models where the Origin Node is a bone!
◦ Updates to SMD Exporter for root node orientation with models that have bones.
◦ Updated WWMT QC exporter to use FPS 1 for the default idle sequence as well as removed the loop keyword.
◦ Updates to $attachment orientations in the QC. PLEASE NOTE THAT the orientation of attachments may need more updates. Please provide feedback!
◦ Added new utility to load a Leak File. This function is found under Wall Worm > Wall Worm Utilities > Load Leak File. Lets you follow the path of a leaked entity to find leaks. Serves same function as that in Hammer.
◦ Updated VMF Exporter to version 1.57.
◦ VMF Exporter now has the following new options:
# Enter Sky Name. If there are Sky Writer objects in the scene, the list of skies to choose from will include the Sky Writer Skies.
# Enter Detail Sprites. Defaults to detail/detailsprites.
# Enter detail.vbsp. Defaults to detail.vbsp.
# Enter Fade Start/End for props. This lets you set global pixel-widths at which props begin to fade and end fading.
# PAK Assets now lists Soundscape Contents. The option is not yet active.

wallworm

I just want to let users know that I do know of some problems with bone and attachment rotations in the current SMD/QC exporters. I intend to fix those as soon as I get time. If you are primarily building props and levels, the problems will likely not affect you; if you have animated models, the problems can manifest especially when using Local Origin as World Origin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk