Design Tools > Wall Worm Sky Writer

Sky Writer in CS:GO

(1/2) > >>

wallworm:
I have found that Sky Writer is not working as expected in CS:GO. I discovered this while making a new video on using some of the latest features of Wall Worm that overviews exporting a level with a 3d skybox, 2d sky, models and animated textures.

Anyway, the point here is that to export skies into CS:GO, just export them into CS:Source instead... then copy over the VMT/VTF files for your sky from the cs:s/cstrike/materials/skybox to the cs:go/csgo/materials/skybox folder. That is the solution until I figure out all the compile parameters for exporting straight into CS:GO. I had hoped that it was just as simple as using the -oldcubepath compile parameter like in L4D... but no, it simply isn't working. I also hoped that I could just pass the HDR PFM in a cube-cross format... but even though that seems promising, the sky isn't working in game that way.

Input is appreciated.

I'll hopefully release that video this week.

wallworm:
This is no longer true. When exporting for CS:GO, simply uncheck the Sky option in Sky Writer. This will force the VMT to be UnlitGeneric instead of Sky, which is what CSGO wants.

onur89tr:

What is this error?

wallworm:
Some versions of Source need specific formats. So click the Old Cube Path button then export.

onur89tr:
It gives the error when I compiled with your setting. When I opening vtf's, I got the 2nd error in the image. In first error, says "-notga disables" What's it? I think you can solve this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version