[FIXED] Version 1.871 BUG FOUND plus possible Fix (Script:textureExport.ms)

Started by Dustpup, October 19, 2012, 12:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustpup

I just wanted to let you know of a simple bug that I found with in the script "WallWorm.com\WallWormModelTools\textureExport.ms"

QuoteDescription the error poped up when I try to export the textures in 3dsmax 2013 with in the wall worm modeling tools>utility tab. I repeated the error to see if it would pop up again and every time the error came up.

The bug consist of a simple string error were the path is inserted into a string line.

The error is located in the script on the lines
    possible
    • And 535

The Error is just a repeating error that can be fixed with a space added to the line.

Just replace the "
[♥] " with a space with in all the lines listed above.

[/list]append str ("editText edt"+num as string+" \"\" enabled:"+en+" pos:[123,"+y as string+"] width:420 height:17 text:\""+vtfP+"[♥]\" toolTip:\"Set the output Path of this VTF.\"\n")

wallworm

I am curious if you are actually seeing that heart symbol in the code? Ir is that what you used to demonstrate where you believe a space should be?

I cannot replicate any errors. So I'm curious what is causing the problem. Could you send me a sample scene that causes this error?

Also, if you create the error, hit F11 and copy all of the red code from the listener and paste here... it will help troubleshoot the problem.

My guess is there is some other error (maybe a bitmaptexture node with no bitmap file path, or an invalid file type). Even though the following link is regarding the VMF Exporter, the issue could be a similar problem of invalid/unknown bitmap file types.

Dustpup

Since the scene I'm using is a contract I can not send you the model but I can give you the rest and hopefully replicate it. Also the "[♥]" was to point out were to put the space. I was tired last night when I posted it so that's probably  why this post was not very clear sorry about that. Now let me get you the resources you need and hopefully it will help you fix the error you are looking for.

The error was caused by a simple mistake in the code were the path was inserted into the string. Since the path tends to have a "\" at the end the quotation was mistaken for an expression.

Here's the paths I used to create the error in the Version 1.871
Model path "props\"
Material path "models\props\"

since the error was not there any more I replaced it by putting it back to what it was in Version 1.871. Keep in mind that this is just to get the error again so that you could see it.

>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
-- Syntax error: at set, expected <rollout clause>
--  In line: editText edt1 "" enabled:true pos:[123,27] width:420 height:17 text:"models\props\" toolTip:"Set t <<

The error seems to be gone now that the newer version was released today. But there is one other thing I want to point out in the rollout.

There seems to be a duplicate of the same vmt and vtf texture exporter.

wallworm

OK... I see. I use forward slashes in my paths... which works fine. I'll add a fix for back slashes later tonight or tomorrow.

wallworm

This should now be fixed in WWMT 1.873+. Thanks for reporting the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk