MODELS WONT FOLLOW BIPED STRUCTURE ANIMATION

Started by oday696, February 16, 2018, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oday696

HI THERE

I have installed the current 3DSMAX 2018 version, and I imported csgo models using wall worm, everything seems to work just fine. I rigged/skinned the model but then when i was trying to animate the biped structure, the mesh/model wont follow the biped animation. I tried to find a solution for this issue but it nothing seems to work, is it a problem with 3dsmax or the wall worm importer.
this is the file, please check
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yi8GRJHaMKvO1EoI6J7WIUMbOg1ieLAj/view?usp=sharing

wallworm

oday696

Quote from: wallworm on February 16, 2018, 02:47:39 PM
You may need to post your Max file.

i added a link to download the file, please check it if possible. couldnt fix this issue for 2 days now

wallworm

I have opened your file and found the root cause of your issue. TO understand my answer below you must be knowledgeable about these topics: Modifier Stack Controls and Sub-Object Levels.

In 3ds Max, modifiers are applied from the bottom up in the modifier stack. If any modifier is set to a sub-object selection and left in that sub-object mode, only the selected sub-objects are passed up the stack to be affected by the modifiers on top. In your scene, there is an Edit Poly modifier below the skin modifier. That modifier is set to Element sub-object mode and has no faces selected.

Here is a list of some different solutions.

• Exit Sub-Object mode in your Edit Poly modifier each time you finish editing the model in the edit poly modifier.
  • Remove Edit Poly Modifier. If you remove the Edit Poly Modifier, then the sub-object selection will be cleared.
  • Add a Vol. Select Modifier below the Skin modifier with the Stack Selection Level set to Object and the Selection Method set to Replace. This will essentially reset the incoming sub-object selection regardless of that in the edit poly modifier below.

Random advice

I personally would advise against skinning the model until you are completely done modeling it. In other words, I'd make sure that you have edited all pieces of the model before using a skin model. Here is what I'd do for this kind of project (reskinning/animating an imported mesh).

• Convert the imported mesh to Editable Poly
  • Edit prop mesh/uvs/materials to liking.
  • Only do skinning once you are done editing prop.
  • If you need to add objects to prop after you have started skinning, you can keep those objects as separate objects and just skin them separately (for example, adding a backpack, etc). Just make sure those added objects are skinned to the same set of bones. In other words, you don't need to attach new elements directly to the existing skinned mesh.

oday696

oh man, thank you so much. i swear i was one moment away from uninstalling 3dsmax all together. so little details, make so much difference. I will do as what you suggested which is edit the model and then skin it.

oday696

Hey ,man

i have just read an article about importing models with their bones in blender, can i do the same for the csgo models when i import them to 3dsmax using wallworm  ::) ? please tell me

wallworm

For QC/SMD, yes. For MDL, no.

At this time, the MDL loader in WW does not import bones.

If you want to import bones and animations, you need to import via a QC file. See the docs on the SMD, QC and VTA importer.

oday696

Thank you so much man, yes i just decompiled the mdl file into smd and qc and imported them through wallworm smd@qc importer, works really well. i also want to ask you if there is a way to import player movements from csgo demo through wallworm? i think the file is called an agr file, that contains the players movement and u just have to add textures on the players and re-position the movement when you import it to a map in 3dsmax. 

wallworm

Glad you've got that worked out.

As for the AGR importing, that isn't something I've looked into. I'll investigate at some point, but I cannot make any promises about it right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk