WWMT Beta Soon Coming to an End

Started by wallworm, March 13, 2011, 12:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

WWMT is nearing the end of Beta. I've been testing Wunderboy's new SMD Exporter which will be available soon. When that is out, I'll release WWMT 1.0. Things to expect:

A couple new controls in the settings floater and an update to adding WWMT to the menu that is compatible with Sky Writer (right now, if you install the Sky Writer menu then try to install WWMT, it will fail).

With the new update you will be able to use CAT for your rigs! (Until now you couldn't because the CAT rigs would export as geometry instead of just bones). That problem is resolved with the new Wunderboy exporter!

The ability to use CAT is something I have mixed feelings about. I really love CAT (in theory) except that I've had a lot of problems with the CATMotion panel freezing Max. Some of my feelings (shared by others) is documented in this Short Story About CAT.

Anyway, I'll be testing more over the next couple of weeks. The release should be sometime soon.

Hopefully Max 2012 (coming out in a few weeks) will resolve this problem. The flexibility and simplicity of CAT makes it an ideal tool for making animations.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk