WWMT 1.885 Released

Started by wallworm, January 15, 2013, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.885 released on 1-15-2013

◦ SMD: Added SMD Importer 1.0. Importer code donated to Wall Worm by MarioKart64 from Facepunch. Now you can import SMD files into 3ds Max 2013.
◦ VMT: Model materials using VertexLitGeneric but with no diffuse texture will now use $color2 from the diffuse texture. Previously, the $color was being set but VertexLitGeneric requires $color2. This means your model doesn't actually need a diffuse bitmap to have color.
◦ VMT: Added Proxy entry for animated W_Angle (meaning you can export rotating textures). Currently if the W_Angle is animated, scrolling won't work. I expect to add simultaneous scroll and rotate in future. Also, at moment, the rotation amount is same with all textures even if they are animated differently (so $basetexture rotation will always be the same as $bumpmap even if they were rotated at different rates... future update will let you animate independently).
◦ VMF: Fixed incorrect rotation affecting proxies that have been rotated in certain ways.
◦ Overview Exporter: Fixed MAXScript error when opening the exporter before opening any other Wall Worm tool.
◦ WWMT: New models with no materials now get a material that has an orange diffuse color if auto material is on.
◦ WWMT: Name of the auto material for WWMT models is now correctly truncated a much shorter name by default. This name is prefixed with "VMT_".

ladman

This is an amazing tool that just got that much better. Took you advice and got 3ds Max 2013. Thank you again for all your help last night with this tool.

i still can not get a texture to apply to the model in hammer, but im trying to figure that out. maybe it just cant find the material file to associate it with the model. it creates the material file fine, i can find it and open it up, but it is not on the model in hammer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk