School? I am toooooo old for School

Started by Infidel, January 21, 2013, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infidel

So.

As the thread title indicates I truly feel I am too old for school.
With a life revolving around family, work, church, art, firearms and comatosed states of bliss... how does one find time to go to school? How do you work in something that was easier to do when you had nothing but school to do? How do you adjust a phenomenally busy life so that there is a small window of time that you can slot going to class into? How do you tell the wife and kids that you can’t hang with them because you have to cram for a test? Or complete an assignment before the professor sends out their goons to find you?

Simple.
We all live in the computer age. You just attend online… (Though you do miss out on coeds and beer parties, but then who wants a 30+ year old at a frat party anyway?). There are obvious reasons why this is not the best solution for the young and full of free time crowd, but for those of us who are old and have well-grounded/ established lives that are chock full of responsibility and necessity, it works.

The whole point of this is that I just enrolled and am attending my first class today (1/21/2012). I am going for a Bachelors in Media: Arts and Entertainment: Games (though I am really tempted to aim at movies and such as it is a lifelong dream).
Whichever way I go (games or movies) I will undoubtedly go after a certificate in the other one. I am a bit worried as it has been a very long time since I was in a school setting, even if this one is online. But regardless I feel that it is time to start getting the lead outta my a** and getting to work on something that will give greater opportunity to my family and myself. I feel that school is the best way to achieve this goal, so… here I go.

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers. I will need both if I am to achieve what I have set before me.

P.S. All of you Math wizards… stick around. I’m going to need you guys on a regular basis. My Idea of math is 2+2 = 22  :o, so you can imagine what will happen when they start putting letter in where only numbers belong. And then there are all of those weird symbols that look more like Dwarven script than math…

Yep, I am doomed. :-\

wallworm

Sorry about your luck, dude... the only math wizard is Andrew and generally speaking you have to bribe him with beer (or con him into bringing over some beer so he can help you with math). But I think that after all the uaxis and vaxis math he helped with, if I ask him again he'll exclaim, "U Asses!" and I wll try to pull my best Han Solo inocent look and don a Russian accent and say, "Hu? Vee Asses?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk