[Fixed] SMD Importer Bug

Started by wallworm, February 02, 2013, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Gulli shared with me a bug in the SMD Importer. Infortunately, it will be a few days before I  can load an update to WW because I have a group of untested and half broken set of functions in the current version I have. But if you have a problem importing SMDs, please take the following steps:

Open this file with Notepad of some text editor (the MAXScript editor is fine):

MaxInstallDir\Scripts\WallWorm.com\WallWormUtilities\SMDImporterUI.ms

Overwrite the contents with the following then save the file:

include "$scripts/WallWorm.com/WallWormModelTools/ww_structs.ms"
include "$scripts/WallWorm.com/importers/Mario_Kart_SMD_Importer.ms"
global wallWormSMDImporter

try(destroyDialog wallWormSMDImporter)catch(
   --there was not any open
)

fileIn "$scripts/WallWorm.com/rollouts/SMDImport.ms"

createDialog wallWormSMDImporter

Sorry about this... the error wasn't manifesting with my personal versions based on some auto-loading I have here.

K@rt

Tested this fix and it works fine, thanks Shawn!

Would it be a lot of work to add a material prompt option when importing models? It's just a small point though, only worth doing if it's easy to add.

I like the way that this names the model after the SMD rather than just putting the same generic name for each model - again a small thing but it's a pain to have to change the name each time when importing multiple models. On that note is it possible to add a checkbox option to create a new max layer to put the model into when importing? - the layer name can just be the same as the modelname.

wallworm

I didn't get the layers done but did update the SMD importer to work correctly now and also added a QC import option now. See the changelog.

wallworm

I loaded a new update today to fix some problems with the QC Importer as well as collect some new values like $mass, $damping, etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk