I have encountered some trouble with the software, please help me, thank you

Started by yjbzx1, August 11, 2018, 02:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yjbzx1

:DHello, my English is not good. This is what I translated from Google. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by reading.
I was having trouble with Wall Worm. I downloaded the latest Wall Worm, and I have done it exactly as I did in the tutorial, but the result is that there is no material, only the model, This problem has been bothering me for a long time. I have read a lot of information on the Internet. I also met people in the forum who are similar to my situation, but I still can't find a correct way to solve this problem. How can you help? Am I solving this problem? thank you very much! Here are the pictures of the problems I encountered and the screenshots of my settings. Thank you very much again.

yjbzx1

Joris Ceoen

Hello, welcome to the Wall Worm forums! About your issue, I don't think this is related to 3DS Max, but it might be related to the free version of Wall Worm. I'm not sure if the free version automatically reads the material files from the .vpk, which could be the issue in your case. If it should, then there's another problem. It's been too long for me to know exactly the differences between both versions, but I assume Shawn will shed some light into this, when he has the time to answer your question  :)

yjbzx1

:DThank you very much for your answer. Regarding the software version, the author of the software seems to have recently updated the version, but I have used the same version of the wallworm, regardless of whether I used the previous version or the latest version. I know that the free version does not automatically recognize the material file, so I have used VTFEdit to batch convert the material files into the TGA format, but it is still useless. Come here for help, the author seems to be very busy, then I will wait quietly, thank you for your response to my question ^_^

wallworm

Sorry I did not respond sooner. Thanks to @Joris for responding. I was on vacation.

Which version of Max are you using? Since the textures are not found, I have a feeling that you are using an older version of Max. With the older versions, it is imperative that the MatGen path is pointing to a folder that contains all the extracted VMTs/VTFs. However, I have not even tested this setup in a few years now since it isn't necessary when using 3ds Max 2015+.

I noticed that the FGD for csgo (...bin/csgo.fgd) is not in your settings. That isn't going to affect the materials, but it will affect properly importing/exporting the entities.

Let me know what version of Max you are on and we will move forward from there. I highly recommend using 3ds Max 2019.1.1 or later.

yjbzx1

;D Thank you very much for your reply. I am very sorry for disturbing your holiday. I am using 3DS MAX2017. If it is caused by the old version, I will try to use the latest 3DSMAX version to import, thank you again!

wallworm

2017 should have worked. Do the textures and VMTs used in your scene exist in your game?

yjbzx1

Due to the reason of the translation, I am very sorry that I don't particularly understand what you mean.
During the game, all textures are displayed normally, and I use the hammer to open the unpacked map file (*.vmf). All textures are also displayed normally. And when I was using Wall Worm, I found that if I choose "Create Prop Zoo from VMF", all textures can be loaded normally, but all models will be arranged in order, only models and textures, no maps, Just like https://imgur.com/7vQc970
https://imgur.com/c0fxnIa
But if I choose "Import Game Level (VMF RMF MAP)", the problem will return to the original point, only the model And map, no material
I watched this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQPxEy66DC0&t=40s

wallworm

This is certainly an odd one. I do not know of any mechanism where the textures will pull for the prop zoo function but not the VMF. I will investigate.

yjbzx1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk