the wallworm is exporting my models in strange shapes? please help me

Started by omegadavid99, February 21, 2013, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegadavid99

when i tried to export a tank model to gmod it be a minature tank in game. and when i tried a cheaply made tank to export in gmod it is flat please help me

wallworm

I opened the file you sent and discovered why the size would be all wrong. The model's scale was very high. In other words, you scaled it up with the scale tool.

Generally speaking, it is a very good habit to form that you not scale objects at the object level with the scale tool. You get more predictable results if you scale it at the sub-object level (like the Element sub-object level).

However, that isn't always convenient. So, instead, get in the habit of doing this: when you are done scaling/rotating a prop, apply an XForm modifier to it. Then collapse it to an editable poly. Then export with WW.

Note this isn't really a Wall Worm issue. It is a general principle in Max. I suggest reading about the XForm modifier and the Reset XForm function.

Regarding a flat model, I'm an not sure unless you send it to me too. My guess is that is too may need an Xform modifier.

omegadavid99

alright thanks and sorry for saying that its ww tool fault. im not a pro on 3dsmax

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk