Moxxi's Sign

Started by heathendevil, March 08, 2013, 01:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathendevil

thank you wallworm for helping me out and carrying me through this process- literally I would not achieve anything like this without your tools and/or your guidance

Anyways here's an outline of the process:

the start: lots of amateur problems

with the help of Shawn (wallworm), we found that the directory paths were wrong for mdlsrc, materialsrc, bindir, which would not allow the vmt's to export. we also had to change the names of the material and bitmap accordingly.

with relative ease and quick timing, we managed to get my first static prop into source!

I capitalized on this success as quick as I could and after a few moments in gmod/photoshop I made this beauty:

all models credit to borderlands 2

wallworm

You are welcome. Thank you for sharing here.

Would you care to detail in text the settings that you used for Gmod. I think that for new users the screen shots themselves might not be self-evident... and the Gmod community especially has trouble with setting up WW for some reason. (There is an oft-hit video on Gmod I've made for WW that gets regular comments about not being able to set it up.)

Keep us posted on your projects.

Infidel

Great work Heathen!

This looks wonderful. Shawn's tools are incredibly helpful to the point that I am glad that I am spoiled enough that I do not need to deal with or face the long and tedious struggle of manually building and import/ exporting models. I would probably have told Olson to shove his 3d aspirations for me up his ********. No doubt.

I will hopefully be posting a few re models of my own here in the next few weeks/ months as time permits.

Keep up the good work and PLEASE!!!!!, keep posting as you can.

- Dingo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk