WWT Configuration

Started by tawdarky, April 12, 2013, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tawdarky

Can someone explain how to configure WWT for CSGO.I have no sourcesdk_content folder.

wallworm

For CSGO the SDK_content folder is usually here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\sdk_content

If it isn't, you may need to install the CSGO SDK... which you can install with Steam by going to Library > Tools > CSGO SDK.

For the CSGO bin dir it is usually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin

tawdarky

tawdarky

I can't import a map in 3dsmax.Can it be because the WWT is set up wrong?I tried both VMF and DXF formats and none works.When i try to import VMF nothing happens and when i try to import DXF it gives an error.

wallworm

It is possible that WW is set up incorrectly. However, it's hard to say without more details.

What error does the DXF importer give?

Regarding the VMF importer... it is still a work-in-progress that is not yet production-ready--as noted in the VMF importer UI. But you can use it to get basic layout. I will work on the VMF importer as I find time... but since it isn't a personally important feature, it may be a while before I finish that.

tawdarky

Quote from: wallworm on April 12, 2013, 01:49:02 PM
It is possible that WW is set up incorrectly. However, it's hard to say without more details.

What error does the DXF importer give?

Regarding the VMF importer... it is still a work-in-progress that is not yet production-ready--as noted in the VMF importer UI. But you can use it to get basic layout. I will work on the VMF importer as I find time... but since it isn't a personally important feature, it may be a while before I finish that.

This is the error.I set up WWT exactly how you told me.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8036/53786195.jpg

wallworm

That error is a problem inside Max. Have you installed the latest service pack for your version of Max?

tawdarky

Quote from: wallworm on April 12, 2013, 04:18:21 PM
That error is a problem inside Max. Have you installed the latest service pack for your version of Max?

No.

wallworm

tawdarky

Quote from: wallworm on April 12, 2013, 05:42:12 PM
You should go here and install the latest product updates:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?id=2334435&linkID=9241178&siteID=123112

It says product version 15.Is that the last one.Cause when i try to apply any of the patches i get another error saying it might be an incorrect version.

tawdarky

BTW i use 3ds Max Design 2013.I don't know if the script works on design version or only the simple one.

wallworm

For Max 2013 the last update is Product Update 6. Make sure that you choose the correct installer (if using Max x64 then choose the x64 installer).

Using the design version shouldn't matter. But I don't use that version so cannot speak on authority. But the versions should not matter regarding WW.

tawdarky

Quote from: wallworm on April 13, 2013, 09:44:13 AM
For Max 2013 the last update is Product Update 6. Make sure that you choose the correct installer (if using Max x64 then choose the x64 installer).

Using the design version shouldn't matter. But I don't use that version so cannot speak on authority. But the versions should not matter regarding WW.

Same error after the update.

tawdarky

I even tried making another map with just a box.I thought it might be because of the entities but same error.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk