WWMT doesn't appear.

Started by mangledpixel, April 28, 2013, 11:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mangledpixel

Using 3ds Max 2013 x64, the menu option 'Wall Worm Model Tools>Wall Worm Model Tools' doesn't cause anything to appear.
All other dialogs appear to work fine.
When clicked, the option does generate the 'Loading...' and copyright information text in the Maxscript Listener.
The self-diagnostic thing reports no problems.

.jon

wallworm

Did this only start after the latest update?

I will test locally. I've been doing all my testing in 2014 this last week or two.

mangledpixel

No, this was happening before the latest update as well, I updated to see if it would fix it :)

wallworm

Interesting.

I just deleted my version of WW from 2013 and downloaded the latest from the site (just to check the download) and it runs as expected. I certainly want to get to the bottom of this.

Have you updated Max to the latest version? For 2013 this is Product Update 6.

And another idea just popped up in my head... did this work in the past but now it doesn't? If so, did you previously have a second monitor where you moved the UI but it is unavailable or changed position now?

Click the button in WW that would normally open WWMT.

Then run this code in the MAXScript listener:

setINISetting wallworm_userIni "Layout" "wwmt_ui_pos" ([20,20] as string)

Then click the button to open WWMT again.

I think the WWMT floater is stuck off screen.

mangledpixel

Aha, it was floating around in the aether somewhere, thank you!
No idea how that happened, have never had a dual monitor setup for this pc, oh well.

mangledpixel

Just as a side note, if you can get the current bounds of the screen, maybe you could put in a check to see if the values set in the ini put in on the screen or not?

wallworm

Quote from: mangledpixel on April 28, 2013, 11:33:53 AM
Just as a side note, if you can get the current bounds of the screen, maybe you could put in a check to see if the values set in the ini put in on the screen or not?

That's a good idea. But since this is the first case I've heard of the problem... I may take the easy road and just write a function to reset all WW UI settings. That will take 5 minutes instead of and hour or two of hunting down all floaters and adding checks, etc.

Anyway, welcome to the WW forums. Please feel free to share screen shots of your projects. We need more people doing that... otherwise it sometimes makes me wonder why I bother sharing info on here! :)

mangledpixel

Ah yeh, that sounds easier.
I will definitely put up some screenshots once I am further on in this project and have something more concrete to show. Thanks for the swift reply. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk