Independence

Started by MikhailVasilev, August 03, 2013, 08:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikhailVasilev

I think WW tools must be Completely independent from convexity and tools which not supported already.

wallworm

At this point, I'm pretty sure that WW is already independent of Convexity. Now that WW has a VMF exporter, entities, leak file loader, I'm not sure that there is still anything you need Convexity for to use WW. The Hull Helper  originally worked only with a never-publicly-released Convexity tool, but I even built an internal implementation using native PhysX/MassFX.

Is there some feature in mind that you feel is still tied to a need for Convexity?

That being said, I still wish that Convexity was not terminated, because it's wall/floor tools are very powerful design tools.

MikhailVasilev

I am worry about it. Because you talk about convexity so often in your lessons : ). I don't know all functions of WWtools yet.
I understand what that lessons was old  but anyway i am worry little bit )

... I remember !
That was overlay entity. In convexity it has area by bitmap size in WWtools it is only box(no size)
I want resize overlays in 3dmax. Is it posseble to do that ? (resize overlay)

MikhailVasilev

I remembered one more thing. It about Worm face. When i create entity with Worm face and try export it gets error(when vmf export) something about convexity. But i not have convexity in 3dmax 2014.

wallworm

Quote from: MikhailVasilev on August 04, 2013, 07:24:22 AM
I am worry about it. Because you talk about convexity so often in your lessons : ). I don't know all functions of WWtools yet.
I understand what that lessons was old  but anyway i am worry little bit )

At this point in time, there are no basic functions in WW that need Convexity. Until I added the VMF Exporter and Entities, you needed Convexity to make entities and export a level. But that is no longer the case. The confusion is that many of the videos or documentation were put together before I created those functions in WW.

Quote from: MikhailVasilev on August 04, 2013, 07:24:22 AM
In convexity it has area by bitmap size in WWtools it is only box(no size)
I want resize overlays in 3dmax. Is it posseble to do that ? (resize overlay)

I don't think this feature was ever in Convexity... but it is inside Hammer. It is one of the few features I'd like to implement. It's not as simple as a scale factor (from what I remember when I started the info_decal and info_overlay tool in Worm Face) since it is a Matrix of information that I haven't really figured how to translate visually and mathematically. I will certainly try to figure it out... but give no promise on timeframe.

Quote from: MikhailVasilev on August 04, 2013, 07:37:48 AM
I remembered one more thing. It about Worm face. When i create entity with Worm face and try export it gets error(when vmf export) something about convexity. But i not have convexity in 3dmax 2014.

I will see what is broken and try to fix that shortly.

[EDIT] Just for clarification, the lines about Convexity are just names. They come from the fact that, originally, you could only make entities with Convexity and I simply named a couple functions as ConvexityEntity functions. Now they export both Convexity and WW entities.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk