Wall Worm Development Update

Started by wallworm, December 23, 2019, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I wanted to share with the WW community some of the things that have gone one in the last several months. Although I have kept a steady stream of updates coming to WW, there was a dip in my productivity and in my responses to questions in general (on Discord, Steam, etc).

The main contributor to this was that I was very ill throughout most of 2019. I ended up being diagnosed with cancer. I am now cancer free and returning to a normal schedule. For those interested, here is my story on dealing with cancer.

One of the things I'm trying to do right now is revise the Hammered to the Max e-book to reflect later versions of Max/WW and to be cleaner and more concise. I'm also trying to develop some newer video content that is going up onto Hammered to the Max website. Below is just the latest video:

As you may know, I've been on the development team for Black Mesa since 2015. Now that Black Mesa is nearing completion, I'd like to wrap up most of the Source-related content/education/videos into a state that is worthy of helping keep alive Source modding into the future. But the reality is that my time devoted to Source itself is likely coming to a close. I won't 100% stop working on Source, nor will I drop development of Source-related tools. But moving forward, there will likely be a more generic slant to my tool development that is game-engine agnostic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk