MaxScript Exception on install

Started by drakoin, January 08, 2020, 10:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakoin

I get the following error when trying to install WallWorm Free on Max 2010

>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Unknown property: "processPostedMessages" in #Struct:windows(
  getChildrenHWND:<fn>; Public,
  sendMessage:<fn>; Public,
  addChild:<fn>; Public,
  getMAXHWND:<fn>; Public,
  getChildHWND:<fn>; Public,
  getDesktopHWND:<fn>; Public) <<

wallworm

I am sorry about that error. I see that the method was only added in Max 2011. I haven't been able to test on anything prior to Max 2016 in years.

I will look into what it would mean to remove the method and hope it will fix this problem in 2010. I will post news of this patch as soon as possible.

wallworm

I have updated WW to check for compatibility with the function called in your error log. Please update and let me know if it works in 2010 now. I'm flying blind but feel confident that the issue is now fixed.

drakoin

Thanks for the reply. I updated WW and now I get the following exception
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Unknown property: "Is64BitProcess" in dotNetClass:System.Environment <<

wallworm

OK, thanks for that info. I will look into that one as well.

I take it you are running the 32-bit version of Max?

wallworm

To test my fix, can you open the MAXScript Listener (F11) and paste this line in:

( isProperty (DotNetClass "System.Environment") #Is64BitProcess AND ((DotNetClass "System.Environment").Is64BitProcess))

Then hit ENTER.

It should print false (I'm assuming this since your DotNetClass doesn't have that property). It should not crash, however.

Please confirm also if you are running a 32-bit version of Windows or Max. I haven't had a 32-bit version for testing in probably a decade! :)

drakoin

I pasted that line into Maxscript Listener and it did return false. I ran the installation script again after and got this:

>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Unknown property: "setPackage" in undefined <<

I'm actually running Max 64 bit on Windows 10. I tried it on the 32 bit version as well and had the same result

wallworm

Sorry for the confusion. I was asking for you to test that line of code to make sure my fix would work (which I did not actually load to WW yet and running that code doesn't actually fix the problem--it simply confirms the fix I will implement). Since the code above does not crash it means my fix will work and I will add it into the next update that will hopefully cause both errors you reported go away.

Out of curiosity, have you considered using a later version of Max? There are so many nice features since 2010 was released. Max 2020 is the best version of Max to-date.

wallworm

Please update WW and see if your errors are now gone.

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk