WWMT Helper significantly slows down the FPS of the viewport

Started by Feel, August 11, 2020, 09:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feel

Hello! i started to add props to my map when i realized that i just cant work anymore, my fps drops down to zero.
the way i am creating props -  Create Tab > Geometry > WallWorm > Source Mode l> import > then press Generate WWMT @ Origin > then making proxies though anvil tab and making instances
i found that every WWMT TEXT helper lowers fps to 50%
even when i reduce interpolation of the text to 0 my fps gets shrink by 5-10 fps
neither display as box option does not help.
When i delete them everything is OK, but how can my props be exported to source without WWMT helpers?
Thank you)

wallworm

That is certainly not how it should work as we have scenes in Black Mesa that have hundreds of WWMT Helpers without an issue.

What version of WW and what version (and update version) of Max are you using? Also, how much System RAM and what Video Card do you have?

Feel

thanks for the reply,
Also my mouse sometimes starts flickering between normal/loading icon while i am using wallworm plugin.
it does not happen without using plugin

wallworm

Thank you for the information. I will look into this tonight and test on 2019.3.

In the meantime, do you have access to 3ds Max 2020.3 ? That is the preferred/recommended version for using WW at this time.

Feel

Feel

i have just reinstalled wallworm and checked my scene in 2020.3, everything is transfered properly but i still have this problem
looks like the problem is in my personal computer, before i was searching this issue through internet but couldn't find any help, or common things with other users

wallworm

I cannot reproduce this on my computers. I will still try to investigate if there is some setting inside Max that might cause it.

wallworm

Additional note about this: A WWMT Helper is actually just a Text shape with a piece of data attached to it in something called a Custom Attribute.

Can you see if adding simple Text shape objects into the scene replicates this for you?

Feel

it does:( i apologize for starting this topic without fully discovering the problem,
Thank you anyway:)
by the way when i convert text shape to editable poly everything is ok

Could u suggest any trick how can i scatter my props without helpers mb?
and before compile link those to proper WWMT helpers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk