Wall Worm and Windows 11

Started by wallworm, February 05, 2022, 12:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

I tested Wall Worm this morning on Windows 11 for the first time. I did run into an issue:

After updating Windows from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I tried to launch 3ds Max. There were errors when launching Max. It was not clear to me that the errors were a result of WW or not in the Max log file. I was not able to successfully launch Max. There could have been a problem due to WW or another plugin. Note that 3ds Max does not yet officially support Windows 11, and this was just my own experiment.

I then renamed this folder to something else and restarted Max:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\3dsMax\2022 - 64bit

When doing this, 3ds Max will recreate that folder. Unfortunately, it means that any customizations are lost.

I was able to successfully load 3ds Max at this point, then click Scripting > Run Script, and browse to

C:\Program Files\Wall Worm\Wall Worm Pro Pack\WallWorm.com\install.ms

After WW installed, I restarted and Max launched fine and had access to all the Wall Worm functions.

Joris Ceoen

You actually installed Windows 11? I'm too afraid to do that yet, as I know from a number of programs that they don't work properly yet... I'm gonna wait regardless and perhaps install it a few months from now (or next year). Thanks for the walkthrough, though. I'm sure a number of people will run into this problem!

wallworm

Well I'm not that brave either! I installed Windows 11 on my backup system :P

wallworm

A second data point: I today updated my main machine to Windows 11 and did not have the same issues as in opening post. I'll run WW through some tests this weekend.

wallworm

I have updated the WW installer to include support for Windows 11. I've been using it without issues since the first post above. No problems since then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk