No GameConfig.txt file in the bin folder

Started by PotatoOrgylt, September 05, 2013, 04:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PotatoOrgylt

Hello everyone. I was setting up Wall Worm according to this video

and I noticed that there is no GameConfig.txt file in my Steam/steamapps/common/TeamFortress2/bin folder. I tried running the game and I ran hammer editor using Source engine MP and non of that worked for me, then I installed Portal too see if the same happens with the other games and there was no GameInfo.txt file in Portal too! I wanted to run Portal with hammer editor with source engine 2009 version but it just gave me an error "The configuration  information is invalid..." and the Team Fortress 2 was not even in the game selection list :( How do I get the GameConfig.txt file?

wallworm

That's all a good question. All of my games have this file. As for TF2... I don't have it updated to Steampipe. I'm in the process of doing that to see if it has the file (I expect it to). If so, I'll load the file here shortly.

wallworm

When I updated TF2 to Steampipe... there was no GameConfig.txt file inside the new bin path. However, when I double-clicked the hammer.exe inside that bin directory, the GameConfig.txt was automatically generated by Steam.

[EDIT] In any event... here is the GameConfig.txt for TF2 if installed in the default location.

PotatoOrgylt

Thank you for the file! Everything works right now. By the way your plugin looks awesome :)

ChristianSilas

Hi

I have the exact same problem with Counter Strike Global Offensive :( I tried to double click on the hammer.exe inside the bin directory, but without any success. I have reinstalled both CS:GO and CS:GO SDK and still nothing.
One of my friends have the file, so maybe I have configured something different (but I don't think so). Do you have any suggestions what to do? :)

wallworm

Launch the CS:GO SDK itself and Hammer from there and GameConfig.txt should get generated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk