Export issues need help.

Started by N0dnarbvh, September 22, 2013, 04:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0dnarbvh

I am able to export my model with no problems. I followed the tutorials and I believe I have all my file paths set up correctly. It does not export to the file path I have set up, or at least it doesn't seem to be. I'm not sure what the problem is, I cannot locate the export. I have a square texture (TGA) set to smoothing group 1. It's a simple box with no animations.

Are my file paths set up correctly?
Where will my model be located in the model viewer?
Am I supposed to extract the tf2 model and texture files before beginning this process? If so how would I go about doing that?

FILE PATHS
modelsrc: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\modelsrc
materialsrc: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\materialsrc
mapsrc: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc
bindir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin
game Info: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf

Model Defaults
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\jagermast3r\team fortress 2\tf\models\mannonmoon (set at path \mannonmoon)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\jagermast3r\team fortress 2\tf\materials\models\mannonmoon (set as path \mannonmoon)

:'(

wallworm

First, are there any error messages?

Second, try removing the \ from the beginning of the material path... maybe that is causing the material export to fail.

And to confirm, did you click the export texture button after exporting the model? Also... if you make any changes to the materials after exporting the model, you sometimes have to re-export the model.

N0dnarbvh

Hey there thanks for the quick response!

I removed the \ before the material path, still nothing. I am also clicking the export texture button, no errors, works fine. It seems to export just fine, it's just that the exported model and texture are then nowhere to be found.

According to my file paths where will the model and texture be exported to? Should I be able to find them in the model viewer after the export without doing anything else?

N0dnarbvh

LoL, I discovered that I have been looking in the wrong place. I was under the impression that the model default file paths is where the model and textures would export to. So now my only question is what are the model default file paths, what is thier function. Is that where the model and texture is saved for Max to reference?

wallworm

Quote from: N0dnarbvh on September 22, 2013, 06:45:06 PM
LoL, I discovered that I have been looking in the wrong place. I was under the impression that the model default file paths is where the model and textures would export to. So now my only question is what are the model default file paths, what is thier function. Is that where the model and texture is saved for Max to reference?

I'm slightly confused by the question... maybe my brain isn't firing on all cylinders tonight.

Maybe this document on Understanding How to Set Up Paths will help answer your question. Let me know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk