Wall Worm 1.9528 Released

Started by wallworm, September 13, 2013, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 1.9528 released on 9-13-2013

◦ Materials: Fixed VMT Exporter to use the $translucent setting again for relevant materials that also have the WW Source properties applied.

◦ Materials: Added new controls in the WW Source properties including: $crackmaterial, $envmaptint, $envmapcontrast and $envmapsaturation. Also added checkbox for Breakable Surface proxy block.

◦ Materials: Added support for Reflect/Refract maps in the Reflection slot of a Standard Material so that you can create a custom cubemap. NOTE: doing this is not automated... as you must still manually convert the 6 TGA files into a cubemap VTF via VTFEdit... since Wall Worm does not yet properly export the cubemaps via vtex yet. But the cubemap will be use for the $envmap property in the VMT. Note also that the Render Cubemap function is broken in the Reflect/Refract map node inside Slate and must be created via the Compact Material Editor.

◦ VMT Importer/Material Library Generator: Fixed bug when importing some kinds of VMT files.

◦ Materials: Removed the $envmapmaskscale property from the VMT exporter. This was incorrectly assigned based on the Reflection Map amount / 100 . This value should not have been used for that setting. The scale is now simply derived from the Specular Level Map transform.

◦ VMF Exporter: Fixed bug in exporting proxies and lights customized with a Wall Worm entity where color values were exported to a string like "(color 255 255 255)" instead of just "255 255 255".

◦ Point Entity: Fixed bug when applying a point entity to light object in Max.

◦ Assets (RES/PAK): Updated asset collection to include the $lightwarptexture and the $envmap textures.

Please be aware that I will be away for a week and won't be around to answer questions much.

For your sanity and mine, please realize that the cubemap support listed above requires some manual steps to finish. The function will be optimized in the future but I don't have time at the moment to really explain it.

Neil

wallworm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk